Cedar Creek Lake
Lakeside Living At Its Best
Cedar Creek Lake (CCL)is the fourth largest lake in Texas and conveniently located 60 miles from Dallas. CCL is also centrally located between Houston, Austin, DFW, Tyler and Longview. CCL is one of the few lakes in Texas that allows home ownership on the waterfront with a boathouse. The lake is a favorite for fishing, boating, and jet skiing. CCL is the centerpiece of numerous small towns surrounding the lake. These small towns collectively account for over 50,000 permanent residences. Towns at Cedar Creek Lake and Zip codes are Mabank 75147, Gun Barrel City/ Enchanted Oaks/Payne Springs 75156, Eustace 75124, Kemp/Tool 75143, Malakoff/Star Harbor 75148, Seven Points and Trinidad 75163. There are over 350 lake subdivisions around Cedar Creek Lake included 24 gated subdivisions and 4 golf course subdivisions.
Cedar Creek Lake has 320 miles of shoreline, is 18 miles long, 8.5 miles wide, and includes 32,623 acres. The lake elevation is 322 feet above sea level and fluctuation is 4 feet and the maximum depth is 53 feet. Tarrant Regional Water District is the reservoir controlling authority. The lake supplies water to Fort Worth, Arlington, and other cities and water districts.
Housing prices are unique at Cedar Creek Lake. They will vary depending on the type of water (Open, Cove, Channel), location, view, how much land and how much waterfront. NOTE: A large percentage of Cedar Creek Lake properties will not be listed on the NTREIS MLS system. They have a unique MLS of which I am a member of. This is why it is important to use a REALTOR that is knowledgeable about Cedar Creek Lake. I have lived on Cedar Creek Lake for over two decades, and I know the lake.
WATERFRONT Homes for Sale at Cedar Creek Lake - Price Range:
Residential/Offwater Homes for sale at Cedar Creek Lake. It is possible to have a nice offwater home in a waterfront neighborhood with a lake view and neighborhood amenities. Many of the waterfront subdivisions will have a Property Owners common areas with a small park, pavilion, boat trailer parking, and boat launch.
Acreage Properties - Henderson, Kaufman and Van Zandt counties have thousands of rural acres used for livestock, hunting, and crops. There are creeks, ponds, lakes, trees, hilly areas and lots of solitude if this is what you are looking for.
- Acreage with a home
- Acreage only
Lots - Would you prefer to build? What do you want - waterfront lot, offwater lot, residential neighborhood or acreage? CCL can accommodate anyone who wants to build. I also know some great builders here at Cedar Creek Lake. Prices of lots vary depending on type of water, direction, subdivision, and area. Send me an email on what you are looking for, and I will send you a detailed search with your set criteria.
If you are interested in a luxury residence, Click on this Luxury Portfolio link.
Demographics for Cedar Creek Lake, click here.
School Districts - the school districts for Cedar Creek Lake are:
- Eustace ISD - For Eustace Fast Facts, click here. The campuses include the Primary, Intermediate, Junior High and High School. (2017 Tax rate is 1.23)
- Kemp ISD - Campuses include Primary, Intermediate, Junior High and High School. (2017 Tax rate is 1.57)
- Mabank ISD - Campuses include 3 elementary schools, Intermediate, Junior High and High School. (2017 Tax rate is 1.365)
- Malakoff ISD - Campuses include 2 elementary schools, Middle and High School. (2017 Tax rate is 1.20)
- Trinidad ISD - the smallest school district in the area. (2017 Tax rate is 1.42)
Tax rates for Cedar Creek Lake
The tax rate can vary if a subdivision is in an Emergency Services District (there are multiple districts) and some properties fall in 2 counties, Henderson county and Kaufman county.
|Town||Tax Rate Per $100||ISD||County|
|Gun Barrel City||$1.981524||Mabank||Henderson & Kaufman|
|Log Cabin City||$2.498744||Eustace||Henderson|
|Mabank - Henderson County||$1.846524||Malakoff, Eustace||Henderson|
|Mabank - Kaufman County||$2.555608||Mabank||Kaufman|
Utilities, Auto & Drivers License Renewal
· Electric -
- TXU 800.242.9113,
- TVEC 800.766.9576
- Reliant Energy
- The state of Texas is deregulated and there are many other Electric companies that you can sign up for.
· Gas/Propane - Atmos Energy 800.460.3030, City of Mabank 903.887.3241. There are also homes in this area that will use propane.
· Phone/DSL - Century Link 800.788.3500
- East Cedar Creek FWSD 903.887.7103
- West Cedar Creek MUD 903.432.3704
- City of Mabank 903.887.3241
- City of Malakoff 903.887.3241
- City of Star Harbor 903.489.0091
- Payne Springs Water 903.451.5300
- Monarch Utilities a Southwest Water Co. 866.654.5300
- Lakeshore 903.675.4316
- Country Club Water Supply 903.498.5605
- Dish Satellite
- Direct TV
- Suddenlink (available in certain areas)
Auto Vehicle Registration - Henderson County 125 N Paririeville St. Athens 903.675.6135 (Branch office located in Seven Points.
Driver's License Office Renewal is located in Athens off of Hwy 175.
For more detailed information regarding Cedar Creek Lake, call/text or email me anytime and I would love to talk to you about this 'Hidden Jewel" an hour away from Dallas.