University Park is 3.8 miles and surrounded by the City of Dallas on 3 sides and Highland Park on the South. University Park is close to downtown Dallas. The community is known for their quality housing. The University Park schools are part of the Highland Park ISD which is recognized as one of the best public school systems in the U.S. Southern Methodist University is located in University Park. The zipcode for University Park is 75205.
Homes for Sale in University Park - Price range:
For those interested in a luxury residence, University Park TX click the Luxury Portfolio link.
University Park is a part of the Highland Park independent school district, click on the HPISD link. In 2014 Newsweek named Highland Park High School as one of the best schools in America. For college information, click here.
Tax Rate for University Park (2015)
- Total 1.6310
- City 0.2698
- ISD 1.1181
- County 0.2431
Demographics for University Park
Utilities, Auto & Drivers License Renewal
- Electric - TXU 800.242.9113
- Gas - Atmos Energy 800.460.3030
- Phone - AT&T 800.464.7928
- Water - University Park 214.363.1644
- Auto Vehicle Registration Dallas County 500 Elm St, Dallas TX 75302 24.653.7811
- Driver's License Renewal, Dallas Downtown 1500 Marilla 1B South City of Dallas Bldg, Dallas TX 75201, 214.651.1859 (offices also in Carrollton, Garland and Irving.)
Shopping University Park/Highland Park offers some of the finest boutiques in the DFW area. Highland Park Village is home to Chanel, Dior, Hermes, Tory Birch, Anthropologie, Five and Ten, The Village Theater and more. The Shops of Highland Park hosts boutiques such as Chicos, and Jos A Banks.
Dining in University Park | What are you hungry for - mexican, steak, italian, fine dining, french, seafood, middle eastern, bistro, wine bar, coffee shop or something different. It is close by. Check out the map below to see what is available in the area.
Entertainment in University Park/Highland Park
- George W. Bush Presidential Center is a resource for the life and career of George W Bush. The library also promotes the study of the presidency, American history, and important issues of public policy. There are many collections, educational initiatives, and artifacts for viewing.
- Parks - University Park is surrounded by Parks. There is even a 'Movie night at the Park".
- Dallas Country Club | The property is over 118 acres of majestic views of the Dallas skyline, surrounded by majestic trees and homes. It is a private membership owned club. Whether you want to play golf, have a fantastic meal or party, or swim, the Dallas Country Club is the place to be.
- Meadows Museum
Airports near Highland Park, TX. 5 airports are close to Highland Park. The two largest are:
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport has 24 passenger airlines (11 domestic, 13 foreign).
- Dallas Love Field is owned and operated by the City of Dallas.